April Summary
05/10 - The Trip
06/10 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
08/10 - Back to the Future
04/10 - Back to the Future Part II
05/10 - Back to the Future Part III
06/10 - Breakfast at Tiffany's
09/10 - Det Sjunde inseglet (The Seventh Seal)
07/10 - Smultronstället (Wild Strawberries)
08/10 - Rocky
03/10 - 'Gator Bait
07/10 - Rocky II
03/10 - Rocky III
06/10 - Rocky IV
09/10 - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
02/10 - Rocky V
09/10 - Big Fish
07/10 - Rocky Balboa
04/10 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
08/10 - The Graduate
03/10 - Beware! The Blob
07/10 - Catch-22
07/10 - Se7en
10/10 - The Godfather
10/10 - The Godfather: Part II
02/10 - The Doberman Gang
06/10 - Major League
02/10 - Major League II
07/10 - There Will Be Blood
07/10 - The Terminator
09/10 - Saving Private Ryan
09/10 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
09/10 - The Departed
08/10 - The Silence of the Lambs
01/10 - Cool It Carol!
05/10 - Fast & Furious
The rating links to my review and comments while the title itself links to the IMDb page for the movie.
Quick Facts:
Movies seen in April: 35
Time Spent Watching Movies in April: 4107 minutes (68 hours, 27 minutes)
Best Movie Seen (Overall):
The Godfather: Part II
No question here. This was far and away the highlight of the month. The movie is massively long and every minute is amazing. The only thing that compares is The Godfather.
Runner-up: The Godfather
[The Godfather: Part II and The Godfather were repeated viewings.]
[Note: These two movies will not be included in the next two rankings.]
Best Movie Seen (First Viewing):
Saving Private Ryan
This is the movie that war movies will be compared to forever. It, like The Godfather movies, is huge in scope and extremely long. It's great and I'm glad I can finally say I've seen it.
Runner-up: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Best Movie Seen (Repeated Viewing):
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
This is one of the best action movies ever made. It has great lines and great characters and expands on a sequel in great ways. The movie is great no matter how many times I watch it.
Runner-up: The Departed
Worst Film Seen:
Cool It Carol!
This was almost unwatchable. I hated all 101 minutes of this atrocity of a film and I recommend everyone stay far and away from it. It offered nothing to amuse me.
Runner-up: Rocky V
Most Surprising Film Seen:
Rocky
Sure, this got nominated for Academy Awards, but the passion and emotion that Stallone puts in this character was just amazing. I was greatly impressed with the performance and pretty much the movie as a whole.
Runner-up: Back to the Future
Most Disappointing Film Seen:
There Will Be Blood
Sure, I gave this film a 7/10, but if you look at the review I'm really just impressed with Day-Lewis's (and Dano's but not nearly as much) performance. The film itself lacks direction and I was confused as to what it wanted to be.
Runner-up: Rocky III
Most Enjoyable Film Seen:
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
This movie was really fun to watch. I love westerns and to have a western headlined with Paul Newman and Robert Redford was even better. The acting here is top-notch.
Runner-up: Catch-22
The Film More People Need to See:
Det Sjunde inseglet (The Seventh Seal)
This is considered Bergman's masterpiece and while I haven't seen but two Bergman films, I can easily say this movie is great and extremely enthralling. But most people haven't heard of it because it's Bergman and foreign and all that.
Runner-up: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Well, that's April. With the school semester ending for me in May, I highly doubt I'll be watching this many films in one month for a while to come.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment