The Doberman Gang (1972, 87 min)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068491/
Well, this sure wasn't The Godfather. But it wasn't even good in the normal sense of movies. Comparing it to Godfather (naturally, since that was the last movie I've seen), makes this movie look even worse though.
Here, we have some robbers setting out to rob a bank with trained Dobermans. The plan seems incredibly stupid, but somehow (I guess due to the stupidity of pretty much everyone that has camera time), they manage to pull this heist off. Sort of.
The actors are not worth mentioning. No one can act at all. Sometimes the characters read the line in a monotone when the line needs to be delivered with some gusto or pizzazz. Also, at some point during the film, I just stopped caring about the whole robbery. I cared so little about each individual character that I just wanted the whole thing to be over.
Another bad part of the movie is the soundtrack. It consists of two songs. The movie is 87 minutes. Not surprisingly, they play these two songs over and over and over and over. When they are not playing those sounds, though, the music is a funky sound which is actually kind of cool sounding. But these two songs ruin that with their repetitiveness.
Overall, I gave this film a 2/10. The film is watchable, but barely. Shoddily filmed, but at least with a script that you can tell wasn't thrown together overnight. The acting, though, is so horrendous that I eventually wanted the whole thing to just end.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment