Back to the Future Part II (1989, 108 min)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096874/
This movie disappointed me. I had just watched the amazing Back to the Future not but about an hour earlier and was expecting another good film. Instead, I was met with a mediocre time traveling movie.
While the humor and the cast were similarly good in this one as in the first, the plot really detracted from the movie's quality in my opinion. Perhaps it was the travel to the future that I didn't like, but I mainly think it was the constant time traveling. The time traveling was limited to just a few scenes in the first movie but this one they jumped around in time probably around six or seven times.
It also seemed like far too many things went wrong for McFly and Doc Brown to be believable. By this I mean McFly seemed to encounter another problem at every turn as he tried to get the almanac (which was caused by something that went wrong to begin with). The scenes at the high school dance were the worst in this regard in my opinion.
Also, a lot of the scenes involved McFly going through what I had just seen in the previous movie and this also grew somewhat boring. I will say that I did not see the cliffhanger ending coming and was pleasantly surprised that Part III was going to immediately follow Part II (hopefully improving on it).
Overall, I gave this film a 4/10. It was nowhere near as great as the first movie, but was an okay film. That's not to say that if I saw it on television that I would immediately tune in to start watching it again, though.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment