Cool It Carol! (1970, 101 min)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065575/
This film is one that should be avoided at all costs. Very little is right here and I'm tempted to not even waste time reviewing this piece of trash. But I will give some notes for my reference later or whatever.
The story basically follows two kids Joe Sickles (Robin Askwith) and Carol Thatcher (Janet Lynn) as they try to make it in London. They get progressively involved in seedier and seedier businesses until they eventually decide they don't want to do it anymore (after amassing a lot of cash but blowing it on a huge party) and head back to the town they started in. A waste of time it seems and it is.
The acting is subpar to say the least. No one is convincing. Askwith tries to be a bumbling fool not knowing what to do in London but still trying to play it cool around his friend. Thatcher has no screen presence and is completely vapid in her performance. However, the director Pete Walker desperately tries to make us care for these characters, and this makes it even more painful to watch.
Other sources of failure for this movie are the 101 minute runtime which is extremely too long, the stupid one-liners that end so many scenes, the blasting music that's annoying, and the various side characters that add nothing at all to the film.
Overall, I gave this film a 1/10. Walker at least tries to make us like his characters and puts a little effort into the whole picture. Regardless, the film is all but unwatchable and one that I don't even think I could be paid to watch again.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment