Back to the Future (1985, 117 min)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/
For some reason I had never seen this movie growing up. I have no idea what happened to my childhood for me to miss it. I had seen enough snippets on television to understand some popular culture references but I still wanted to see this whole trilogy.
The first movie greatly impressed me. I'm not a real big fan of the 80s future-y science fiction genre since most of this genre fails to impress me. However, Back to the Future actually goes to the past and is completely believable in this aspect. I was reminded of Donnie Darko when viewing it. Naturally, time travel movies for me get compared to this and it's really not that hard to rank higher than Donnie Darko (one of my least favorite movies ever). Back to the Future handles time travel in a fun and believable way that doesn't get you wrapped up in science trying to understand what's going on.
The acting was fun to watch as well. Christopher Lloyd is always exciting and this is arguably Fox's most memorable role (besides Family Ties, his television show). McFly's parents and Biff also gave good performances.
Overall, I gave the film an 8/10. The fun plot and the humorous dialogue along with memorable characters cemented this film as a great one.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment