Saturday, April 4, 2009

04/04/09 - Back to the Future Part III

Back to the Future Part III (1990, 118 min)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099088/

What a great movie after the disappointment from Part II. I attribute this to the plot of "go back in time, change/fix something, work out some plan to be able to go forward in time" which was more in line with what was good in the first one.

The scene this time around was the Wild West. It was a nice, welcome change and essentially became a character in and of itself. The female characters from the first two movies were essentially replaced by Mary Steenburgen as Doc Brown's love interest named Clara Clayton. Switching some focus to Doc Brown was good as it really added to the character.

The references to Clint Eastwood and The Man With No Name Trilogy also amused me, mainly because I'm a sucker for the series with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly being my favorite movie.

Overall, I gave the movie a 5/10. It really added to the series as a whole. The characters were really developed and I think the conclusion to the film was an appropriate one for the series. The movie particularly surprised me because I had heard it was not actually as good as Part II, so being better than Part II was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment