Thursday, August 26, 2010

08/26/10 - Moon

Moon (2009, 97 min)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

This movie is a rewatch of a movie I have already written about. The previous post is here:
01/11/10 - Moon

I don't think there's much to say here. Moon impressed me for the same reasons it did the first time. The plot is stretched out and works well for the pacing the movie has. There's some lulls but they are few. I also maintain that GERTY should have been a little more evil or at least just not as helpful.

Next, I do want to say that I don't think Moon is as incredibly realistic as I had hoped. I don't understand how the artificial gravity is constructed for the base and there are also the typical space goofs that movies do. However, this is mostly forgivable since the movie makes the focus on the plot and the story as opposed to these effects.

Overall, I gave this film a 9/10 again. My second viewing of Moon didn't really leave me with any real new insight. I liked the same things as before and it was still a great movie. Sadly, the handling of this film at Oscar time was really botched as Sam Rockwell definitely deserved an nomination for Best Actor. This is far and away the shortest post on here but I really just don't have any new insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment