May Summary
03/10 - El mariachi
04/10 - Prime Cut
05/10 - Fanboys
06/10 - Airplane!
09/10 - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
08/10 - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
09/10 - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
05/10 - Blazing Saddles
03/10 - Angels & Demons
06/10 - The Nightmare Before Christmas
08/10 - Up
The rating links to my review and comments while the title itself links to the IMDb page for the movie.
Quick Facts:
Movies seen in May: 11
Time spent watching movies in May: 1432 minutes (23 hours, 52 minutes)
Best Movie Seen (Overall):
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
This movie is just phenomenal. It's huge in scale and such a great conclusion to the epic Lord of the Rings saga. The four-plus hour movie really flies by and is enjoyable throughout.
Runner-up: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
[The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring were first time viewings of the Extended Editions but repeated viewings of the film itself.]
[Note: These two movies will not be included in the next two rankings.]
Best Movie Seen (First Viewing):
Up
Without question. This movie is going to be a classic. It's typical Pixar greatness with added emotional depth that I've never before experienced in an animated picture.
Runner-up: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Best Movie Seen (Repeated Viewing):
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
It's the only movie left out of the ones I'd already seen so it automatically gets the award. It's not as good as the others in the trilogy but it's still a solid film.
Runner-up: None
Worst Film Seen:
El mariachi
What a terrible movie. It's bad that this movie gets this because I've liked the stuff done by Robert Rodriguez. You can really see the low budget and this is coupled with unlikable characters. One day I'll see the rest of the Mariachi Trilogy for I imagine they'll be a lot better.
Runner-up: Angels & Demons
Most Surprising Film Seen:
Up
I expected Pixar-good, and it really did that. But the premise is what's surprising. I was amazed that the story of a 78-year old balloon salesman meeting a wilderness explorer could be so moving.
Runner-up: Fanboys
Most Disappointing Film Seen:
Blazing Saddles
This is regarded as one of the best comedies ever. Apparently. I'm guessing my humor just didn't mesh up with that of Mel Brooks or something because I don't recall ever really laughing at this film. Maybe it's the raunchy nature of the jokes which I usually don't find that funny.
Runner-up: El mariachi
Most Enjoyable Film Seen:
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
While not as "cinematically" good as The Return of the King, this movie is just more memorable with some cooler scenes in my opinion. Adding to that, it has the best part of the entire trilogy in the end of the movie after the fellowship has been broken and everyone is going their own way. With this huge downer, Aragorn simply says "Let's hunt some orc" and we're immediately pumped and excited for what's to follow.
Runner-up: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
The Film More People Need to See:
Fanboys
This movie was pretty much unnoticed it seems at the box office. I don't even remember commercials for it being out. However, as a Star Wars fan, it's really pretty cool. Nods to the series are nice and appropriate.
Runner-up: Up
That's it for May. Not much really this month since I'm no longer in school. Sadly, I expect even less out of June.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment