Friday, October 1, 2010

Thriller October Outlook

I can't really come up with a name for this month or anything, so Thriller October is what I've been using. It's not great or anything but it'll do.

Anyway, my goal this month is to watch as many horror and thriller movies as I can. They'll be the occasional film that doesn't fit this criteria, but I'm going to try and hit these genres as hard as I can. I know I'm not versed in them and I want this to help me learn.

The following is a list of movies that I'm going to use as a starting list for what to watch. Almost all of them fall within either the "horror" or "thriller" genres on IMDb. I'll try and see as many of these as possible but I have a sneaking suspicion this month will be busy with other things. We'll see how it goes. Without further ado, here's the list:

[ ] The 39 Steps
[ ] The Birds
[ ] The Blair Witch Project
[X] Carrie
[ ] Children of Men
[ ] Dawn of the Dead
[ ] Day of the Dead
[X] Deliverance
[X] The Descent
[ ] Eraserhead
[ ] The Fly
[ ] Halloween II
[X] The Haunting
[ ] Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles
[X] Jacob's Ladder
[X] The Last House on the Left
[ ] Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In)
[ ] The Man Who Knew Too Much
[ ] Misery
[X] North by Northwest
[ ] Paranormal Activity
[ ] Poltergeist
[ ] Rope
[X] The Rocky Horror Picture Show
[X] Rosemary's Baby
[ ] Twelve Monkeys
[ ] The Witches of Eastwick

Hopefully I get through at least ten of those movies.
I will edit this post to reflect new additions as the month goes on. I will also edit in Xs to denote which movies from this list I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment