Hollywood High (1976, 81 min)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076149/
Hollywood High is perhaps one of the lowest billed Weird Wednesays I've ever seen. Basically the host told us the movie was terrible and we would regret ever seeing it. Because of this I was oddly anxious to watch it.
The film follows a group of high school teens as they do stuff. Really there's just barely any plot and it can be completely ignored. It's a collection of random scenes really as the teens go to various places and make out. There's also a random food fight.
The acting all around is atrocious. No one can do anything right. But because of this it brings a little charm to the film. There's a stupid character named Fenzie who is probably the leader of everything. I'd actually admit that he can deliver the incredibly stupid lines a little bit better than the others but that's honestly not saying much. He is easily the most memorable guy in the film. On the female front they're all unique for different ways: there's an actually attractive one named Candy, an incredibly busty one, one with buckteeth, and then a fourth one that is unique for not having a distinguishing characteristic.
Probably the worst part of Hollywood High is actually the lines. Not only are they poorly delivered but they're moronic to begin with as the writers tried to cram some innuendo into every line they could. Frequently these lines are accompanied by a close-up of the speaker as they say the line and that's it. I guess so they could "get this right" or something. Whatever the reason, it fails on one front (it's really really bad) but works on another (naturally, it's so bad it's easy to laugh at it). Sometimes this grew tiring though.
It's hard to say that the people that put the movie together had actually ever seen a legitimate movie before they made this. There's essentially no plot and there's zero character development. I don't really care about our "heroes" and there's a few secondary characters that are equally forgettable.
Overall, I gave this film a 1/10. It doesn't actually do anything right on the actual film front. It's fun to laugh at these multiple failures but when I step back and have to assign a rating I can't give it anything but a 1/10.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment