Well, the Oscar nominations were released today. Here's the full list with stuff I've seen placed in italics. I'll throw in some comments after I post them all.
Best Motion Picture of the Year
Avatar
The Blind Side
District 9
An Education
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
A Serious Man
Up
Up in the Air
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart
George Clooney for Up in the Air
Colin Firth for A Single Man
Morgan Freeman for Invictus
Jeremy Renner for The Hurt Locker
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Sandra Bullock for The Blind Side
Helen Mirren for The Last Station
Carey Mulligan for An Education
Gabourey Sidibe for Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
Meryl Streep for Julie & Julia
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Matt Damon for Invictus
Woody Harrelson for The Messenger
Christopher Plummer for The Last Station
Stanley Tucci for The Lovely Bones
Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Penélope Cruz for Nine
Vera Farmiga for Up in the Air
Maggie Gyllenhaal for Crazy Heart
Anna Kendrick for Up in the Air
Mo'Nique for Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
Best Achievement in Directing
Kathryn Bigelow for The Hurt Locker
James Cameron for Avatar
Lee Daniels for Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
Jason Reitman for Up in the Air
Quentin Tarantino for Inglourious Basterds
Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
The Messenger
A Serious Man
Up
Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published
District 9
An Education
In the Loop
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
Up in the Air
Best Achievement in Cinematography
Avatar
Das weisse Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Best Achievement in Editing
Avatar
District 9
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
Best Achievement in Art Direction
Avatar
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Nine
Sherlock Holmes
The Young Victoria
Best Achievement in Costume Design
Bright Star
Coco avant Chanel
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Nine
The Young Victoria
Best Achievement in Makeup
Il divo
Star Trek
The Young Victoria
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score
Avatar
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Hurt Locker
Sherlock Holmes
Up
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song
Crazy Heart, "The Weary Kind" by T-Bone Burnett, Ryan Bingham
Faubourg 36, "Loin de Paname" by Reinhardt Wagner, Frank Thomas
Nine, "Take It All" by Maury Yeston
The Princess and the Frog, "Down in New Orleans" by Randy Newman
The Princess and the Frog, "Almost There" by Randy Newman
Best Achievement in Sound Mixing
Avatar
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Star Trek
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Best Achievement in Sound Editing
Avatar
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Star Trek
Up
Best Achievement in Visual Effects
Avatar
District 9
Star Trek
Best Animated Feature Film of the Year
Coraline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Princess and the Frog
The Secret of Kells
Up
Best Foreign Language Film of the Year
Ajami
Das weisse Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte
El secreto de sus ojos
Un prophète
La teta asustada
Best Documentary, Features
Burma VJ: Reporter i et lukket land
The Cove
Food, Inc.
The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers
Which Way Home
Best Documentary, Short Subjects
China's Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province
The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner
The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant
Królik po berlinsku
Music by Prudence
Best Short Film, Animated
French Roast
Granny O'Grimm's Sleeping Beauty
La dama y la muerte
Logorama
Wallace and Gromit in "A Matter of Loaf and Death"
Best Short Film, Live Action
The Door
Istället för abrakadabra
Kavi
Miracle Fish
The New Tenants
Well there's everything.
I'm actually surprised that I've already seen six of the ten nominees for Best Motion Picture of the Year. I vow to check out the remaining four before the Oscars are announced so that I can make a valid claim for this category.
As for the others, I think I'll try to check out the following films: Coraline, Fantastic Mr. Fox, In the Loop, Invictus, The Messenger, Star Trek.
That's a tall order but I think I can get the above four plus maybe a few of these.
When it comes closer to the Oscars and after watching as many of these films as I possibly can, I'll make another post about the Oscars. I'll include all the new stuff I've seen by then as well as what I think will win and what I think should win.
Here's hoping school doesn't get too crazy and that I have a chance to see some of the best of 2009.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment